I believe that as a coach there is nothing more important than for me to encourage and nurture individuality in all people, and to help you to find your unique and special gift — your true voice. And I believe there is nothing more powerful than the activation of free will; the power of choice.
Using that power, you can choose to consciously create your day as you wish it to be, with your thoughts, your voice and your words. Each day you write a new page in the story of your future.
On your journey you may find you have a past that is no longer serving you. It’s time to let go of the “stories” that make up your history and write new ones. And yes, I mean really write a new story. Carrying old habits and patterns keeps you stuck.
Creating a new story is as simple as changing the way you think, you speak and you write.
Let’s get started:
1. Begin with awareness. Open a clear channel to your intuition–your inner wisdom, your true voice that is inside you just waiting to be heard. Allow yourself time to reflect. Ask your inner wisdom questions, and listen for the answers. Keep a journal.
2. Be conscious of your words. Eliminate I can’t, It’s too hard, I’m not good enough, I’ll never be able to, If only…
3. Write your own personal affirmation. Repeat it and rewrite it regularly.
4. Practice defining yourself as who you are in the world, not what you do.
Write at the top of a journal “I am. ____________________” Set a timer for two minutes and write all the positive words that describe you at your best. Re-visit this exercise until you have a statement that feels really good. Use it to lift yourself up.
5. When your old self wants to say “I can’t”, ask yourself simply “How Can I?”. Listen for the answers, write them down, then act on them. First comes awareness, then understanding, then action.
6.Give thanks. Celebrate your many blessings.
7. Practice visualizing your future. Imagine yourself 5 years from now living your very best life.
Write out that vision–with all the details as if you are living it today. This is your new story.
You can create the story of your life… the life of your dreams. You choose.
Simply begin today.
How will your new story begin? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
This article first appeared in the Creativity Coaching Association newsletter in May 2011. For learn more about the Creativity Coaching Association please visit http://www.creativitycoachingassociation.com. Curious about Creativity Coaching, see What Is Creativity Coaching? or contact me through this link for more information.